CURRENT CONCEPTS IN GAIT BIOMECHANICS
This course provides an overview of contemporary models of human gait and focuses on restoring function to patients with pathological gait patterns. Dynamic principles of gait are described using progressively more refined models (Inverted Pendulum, Dynamic Walking and Rocker‐Based Inverted Pendulum). Pathological gait patterns are described that result from the disruption of key dynamic and biomechanical events. Participants are guided through the process of establishing appropriate orthotic management and rehabilitation goals.
- Assessment & application of gait restoration
- Gait cycle, biomechanics, proprioception and muscle function
- Common partial foot gait profiles
- Dynamic principles of orthotic management
- Inverted pendulum philosophies
- Closed and Open Chain Dynamics
- Patient gait training
Click here to begin the course
If you cannot access this online test or have any questions regarding it, please contact us at email@example.com or 888-678-6548. Paper or electronic versions can be sent upon request.
Please also review the following documents:
Allard AFO Professional Instructions